Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

What's Your Weight-Loss "Achilles Heel"?

Greek mythology isn't often a topic of conversation around my house, but it happened to be this weekend. I must admit that I segued the conversation to yours truly; I have weight loss on the brain at the moment, because a knee injury set me back recently and I've gained back a few pounds that I'd only recently lost.

We were talking about the Achilles Heel, that spot that you get "hurt" and you're surely done for. Aside from my trick knee, I'd say my other biggest weight-loss hurdle is sweetened drinks; one sip and I'm a goner.

That may be putting it too lightly. In fact, I think I am addicted to them. Seriously. I've tried kicking them "cold turkey" many times and I literally have withdrawal! I last a few days of cutting back and then I'm right back on the stuff. I could go through a liter of soda a day if I had my way!

Thank goodness for that little pink packet of sweetener ... it gets me through many a day (and night!) without the caloric cost of sugar-sweetened beverages. As long as some iced tea or a coffee maker is in reach, I (usually) can keep it together.

So, what's your biggest dieting or weight-loss hurdle on a day-to-day basis?

No comments: